Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Let it go

Funny how the theme from an "ok" Disney movie ends up being the song of my year.

I'm sure you understand the significance, but it is pretty funny. I don't even particularly like that movie, it didn't resonate with me, I probably won't watch it again.

I had a moment with one of my sparks tonight, a teachable moment. Eireen was annoying Chloe, who is usually pretty annoying herself. I love all of them by the way. Chloe choose to show Eireen how annoyed she was with her usual physical violence and hit her on the arm. I stopped her and said "You can use your words, tell her how you feel." And she did, because Chloe is great sometimes, she looked right at her and said "you are being annoying please stop". And then I looked at her and I said,

 "Ok, you have told her how you feel. If she chooses to listen to you or not is her decision, not yours. You have done what  you can."


And a light went on in my head. I should listen to my own advice more often. 

Who knew that a group of 5 year-olds could teach me so much about myself?

No comments: